Catch the Retail Action Project in action on the dance floor on October 26th for a great cause! Join members and allies to raise some funds and show off your moves! Our fundraiser’s theme is “Nowhere to Wear, ” so go through your closet because it’s time to show off your fanciest or craziest outfit you love, but haven’t worn in ages because you’ve had Nowhere To Wear it! Details below flyer.
-The Rude Mechanical Orchestra (RAP’s favorite radical marching band)
-Dancing (& more dancing)
- DJ Lobotomy Copter & DJ Ian Head
-Drinks, photo booth, and an amazing display of the most fabulous (and weirdest) fashion of RAP’s fashionistas.
Non-Members: Sliding Scale $10-20In the last year RAP has been busy! Highlights:
- RAP members have brought back the fight for the 40 hour work week – this time we’re fighting for livable workers hours! Taking direct action in their stores, developing a scheduling Code of Conduct – RAP is set out to stop the #PartTimeHustle in retail!
- Member leaders surveyed hundreds of retail workers that became the report- “Discounted Jobs: How Retailers Sell Workers Short” – which drew national media attention and brought RAP members industry experiences into the spotlight! - Trained 25 Member Volunteer Organizers over 180 hours in leadership, media, and organizing skills.
- Sharpened the job skills of hundreds of workers through weekly workshops – ranging from certified Customer Service Trainings, to financial empowerment classes, from job hunting clinics to blogging workshops.
- Launched a new website, blog, and online jobs board for our Career Development Services.
- And much, much more!